Tilde is hiring!
Seasonal Retail Associate
*Posted Sept 20th, 2016
Position Description: Tilde has an immediate opening for a part-time 15-20 hour position as a retail sales associate. This position is responsible for sales and customer service with customer service being the main focus – to include welcoming customers into the store, offering factual information about our products and creating an upbeat, informative and positive store experience for all our customers.
In addition to assisting customers, the sales associate position processes sales through our POS system (Cashier Live), restocks products, wraps purchases, keeps the shop looking clean and communicates clearly with customers and coworkers.
This person has the ability to retain product knowledge to share with customers about our makers and their process. Perform all store opening and closing duties and be able to remain on your feet for an entire 8 hours shift. Duties can include bending, reaching and lifting boxes with reasonable amounts of product within.
- Ideal Candidate Background:
- This is a Seasonal Hire. Therefore this position MUST be able to work Saturday, Sunday, Thanksgiving weekend and Christmas and New Year’s Eve. Once hours are set – after being hired – this position cannot take additional time off between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- This seasonal position will, likely, terminate on December 31st.
- Experience working in a retail or customer service environment.
- Strong comfort and adaptability with basic computer software – ability to learn a POS system quickly.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and communication skills.
- Outgoing personality, positive outlook, and excellent people skills.
- Art or craft background would be a bonus for our shop!
- This position will pay at the top range of the hourly wage offered if the applicant has experience writing and photographing for social media postings in Facebook, Instagram, Later, Pinterest and Twitter.
- Job Specifics
- $12-14 hour
- Store discount
- Position starts immediately, this position was posted Sept 20th, 2016.
About Tilde: Tilde immediately welcomes you with our crisp, colorful style and uniquely displayed offerings that evoke a home/art gallery feel. Our modern lifestyle shop focuses on personal accessories and includes a selection of home decorative, tabletop, and stationery items including jewelry, handbags, artwork, and home décor. Most of our products are made by emerging and established artists, artisans, and small design groups whose work embodies our style. We’ve been in business for ten years and are a very busy shop during the holiday season.
Submit a resume and cover letter outlining why your skills are a good match for this position, and why you are interested in working at Tilde. If your resume is not clear – you must tell us why you are a match for this position. We will only reply to those applicants that are clearly qualified for this position. Please no phone calls or walk ins – we are a busy retail store. We welcome your email of interest at email@example.com.