Posted by Julie Beckett on
We're thrilled to add this beautiful fragrance line to the Tilde mix. Tocca, which means "touch" in Italian, strives to combine vintage femininity with modern confidence.
Each Tocca scent is packaged in a gorgeous glass bottle made in Italy. We'll have it in two sizes: both a spray and a roll-on.
With unique scent combinations such as watermelon and ylang ylang, bergamot and grapefruit, and lavender and green tea, there's a Tocca scent for everyone.
Posted by Debbe Hamada on
10am-6pm All Tilde merchandise (except the feature artist) will be 15% off!! Hello?! Store-wide sale! We don't do this very often. This is a store-discount only.
ON OUR SIDEWALK:
11am-4pm Jessica Pluhar from Of Hands Studio will be showing and selling her original ceramics. Functional & beautiful. Priced as marked. These items will not be 15% off.
12-2:00pm CERAMIC DEMO! Jessica will be throwing ceramic pieces on her wheel. Come see how bowls and mugs are formed!
Posted by Debbe Hamada on
Art Reception: Sunday, July 16th 2-4pm.
Meet the artist, sip some wine, ponder how great these paintings would look in your home!
Show runs July 16th - August 31st
We are happy to host a show of Jeni Lee's original rain paintings. We've featured Jeni's paintings on our walls for the last few years, and this show will introduce new work from the same series. If you haven't seen Jeni's gorgeous, atmospheric paintings yet - this is a can't miss event!
What is a Rain Painting? Jeni describes it here: "On a rainy afternoon, while working in the studio, I found myself taking the paintings outdoors, into and under the falling rain, then back inside to the studio, then out again. This new process allowed me and the paintings to engage with the intermittent rain showers, creating unique works through chance and timing, each with patterns and moments of color and light.
Each Rain Painting is truly one of a kind, created with layers of color, rain and collected recycled rainwater."
Posted by Debbe Hamada on
Sales Manager / Buyer/ Merchandiser
The ideal candidate for this position understands our aesthetic and represents our style to our customers and the artists and designers who create the work that fills our shop.
- Position starts at $18-$19/hour ($37,000-$39,500/year) depending on experience.
- Full-time employees at Tilde receive vacation, sick time, 5 holidays a year and health insurance (with a co-pay).
- A minimum of 5 years in retail management, buying, merchandising and customer service is required.
Position Description: Tilde has an immediate opening for a full-time (40 hour) position as a Store Manager/Buyer/Merchandiser for our busy retail shop. This position works hand-in-hand with the store owner and will oversee various areas of our retail store including sales, customer service, staff management, consignment management and merchandising. This position leads and trains the sales team, merchandises the shop floor, assists in maintaining the website and communicates with customers, designers and artists. Our retail store is not a single task environment. In order to complete all that needs to get done daily (with customer sales being #1), you will find yourself working on many tasks & assignments at one time. If this job is for you, you’ll find this position to be creative, challenging and rewarding.
- Minimum of five years working as a manager, buyer, merchandiser in a retail environment.
- Familiarity with Shopify, Word, Excel, Photoshop Elements (or other photo software), and social media tools.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and communication skills.
- Outgoing personality, positive outlook, and excellent people skills.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds, bend, reach and climb ladders.
- Must be available to adjust schedule for special events and work at least one weekend day per week.
- There is no additional time off between Black Friday and Christmas Eve.
- Willingness to travel if required.
About Tilde: Tilde immediately welcomes you with our crisp, colorful style and uniquely displayed offerings that evoke a home/art gallery feel. Our modern lifestyle shop focuses on personal accessories and a smattering of home decorative, tabletop, and stationery items including jewelry, handbags, artwork, and home décor. Most of our products are smaller items meant to serve as an accent either for your body or your living space, and most are made by emerging and established artists, artisans, and small design groups whose work embodies our style.
Behind the scenes at Tilde: We have been in business almost eleven years and have grown each and every year (hurrah!). Our shop has a small but dedicated work crew that enjoys each other’s company. We are a comfortable, happy place to work. We take breaks to drink coffee, walk to the park to clear our heads and chat with our neighbors. While we can shamelessly say that Tilde is a lovely place to work, we can’t deny that sometimes we are quite busy and we all have to put on multiple hats to get the job done (and then we celebrate with iced beverages and chocolate!).
- Strong customer service skills. As the Store Manager you will lead shop sales by example and training. You should truly enjoy working with people (customers and co-workers), presenting a positive attitude to welcome people into our shop and create an upbeat and positive store environment. You can listen to customer’s requests, educate them on our products and assist with their purchase. You must be able to handle critical customer situations with ease. You must be able to pay strong attention to detail and have excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and manage a variety of projects simultaneously, and ability to work in an interruption-prone environment.
- Buying and management skills to work effectively with the makers and designers whose work is (or will be) carried in our shop. This requires strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to buy within a budget, accurate bookkeeping and records management.
- Experience and comfort using and adapting to multiple app or software programs. You will also be the point person to train others and solve problems as they arise with ‘computer problems’. Daily we use Shopify (our POS and website software), Mail Chimp, Word, Excel and Photoshop Elements. We post multiple times a day on social media. We currently use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest and schedule our posts using Later. Not all of these skills are required for this position but the ability to be comfortable and quick at learning and using new apps and software is imperative.
- You are both skilled and quick at merchandising a sales floor. This part of the position is key in maintaining the aesthetic appeal of our shop. We receive goods daily that need to be immediately merchandised on the sales floor in eye catching, logical and design focused displays. Working with the store owner you will reset the entire sales floor as often as monthly, with large resets happening seasonally.
- Though not required: An art or craft background either educationally or through dabbling in work as an artist is appreciated. Tilde is based on the understanding of how our merchandise: metalwork, ceramics, photography, letterpress, prints are created.
Submit a resume and additional note or letter outlining why your skills are a good match for this position, and why you are interested in working at Tilde. Please no phone calls – we are a busy retail store. We welcome your email of interest at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted by Julie Beckett on
It's that time of year when a glimpse of trees blossoming has us dreaming of warm spring days ahead. And as usual, Matt & Nat has us dreaming of the perfect bag to carry into summer.
The Riley (top) is here in a great pale blue for spring, as well as classic black. And we've got the spacious Fabi backpack, which is large enough to carry everything you need- even an extra sweater-while still looking sleek.
And, for those days when you don't have so much to tote, the Drew is nice and compact, while the round Obe is small and has a great shape.
Come into the shop (or check out our website) to see our full selection of these great vegan bags, and get yourself ready for spring!
Photos by Matt & Nat.