Tilde Store Manager / Buyer/ Merchandiser
Position Description: Tilde has an immediate opening for a full-time (40 hour) position as a Store Manager/Buyer/Merchandiser for our busy retail shop. This position works hand-in-hand with the store owner and will oversee various areas of our retail store including customer service, staff management, retail buying, inventory management, consignment management and all visual merchandising. This position leads and trains the sales team, buys between 20-40 different lines of goods, merchandises the shop floor, assists in maintaining the website and communicates with customers, designers, vendors and reps. Our retail store is not a single task environment. In order to complete all that needs to get done daily (with customer sales being #1), you will find yourself working on many tasks & assignments at one time. If this job is for you, you’ll find this position to be creative, challenging, rewarding and full of growth potential.
- Minimum of 3-5 years working as a store manager, buyer, merchandiser leading customer service, sales, inventory management in a retail brick & mortar environment.
- Minimum of 3-5 years working as a staff supervisor: hiring, training, reviewing, disciplining
- Familiarity with Shopify (or other retail POS & website software), Word, Excel, and social media.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and communication skills.
- Outgoing personality, positive outlook, and excellent people skills.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds, bend, reach and climb ladders.
- Must be available to adjust schedule for special events and work at least one weekend day per week.
- Willingness to travel if required.
About Tilde: Tilde immediately welcomes you with our crisp, colorful style and uniquely displayed offerings that evoke a home/art gallery feel. Our modern lifestyle shop focuses on personal accessories and a smattering of home decorative, tabletop, and stationery items including jewelry, handbags, artwork, and home décor. Most of our products are smaller items meant to serve as an accent either for your body or your living space, and most are made by emerging and established artists and small design groups whose work embodies our style.
Our position offers:
Applicants that do not demonstrate position requirements in their application will not receive a response. Please no phone calls – we are a busy retail store. We welcome your email of interest at: firstname.lastname@example.org