Large Hope Basket dijon/cherry
Craftswomen in Rwanda use timeless tradition to weave carefully dyed sisal fibers and sweet grass to make stunning one of a kind pieces rich in cultural meaning and purpose. They are just the right size for a center piece, fruit bowl, or wall hanging.
- Approximately 3” tall and 12” wide
- Made in Rwanda
- Product is made from all natural fibers of sisal and sweet grass
- Organic dyes are used to dye the sisal
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Basket has a hang loop on the back for wall décor
- Safe to use with food
Hope Design: The sunburst pattern on these baskets is known as the “hope” design. Reflected on the Rwandan flag, this sunburst image stands for the country’s collective hope for a new dawn and brighter future.
All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Fair trade company All Across Africa supports rural producers in Rwanda, Burundi and Uganda, employing over 3000 artisans. These baskets are made in Rwanda, using timeless tradition to weave carefully dyed sisal fibers and sweet grass to make stunning one of a kind pieces rich in cultural meaning and purpose.
Fair Trade, made in Rwanda.